top of page
  • Porter DeVries


How do I transfer property after an owner has passed away?

There are a few options, depending on how the title was held. The following are some common examples:

1. Your spouse passed away. We can help you prepare and record an affidavit or petition to note the death and automatically transfer the interests of a deceased joint tenant.

2. You are supposed to inherit a property and the owner has passed away. If you are the beneficiary of this property because the deceased owner had recorded a Transfer on Death Deed, then we can help you record an affidavit or petition to complete the transfer. Without a transfer on death deed (or a joint tenant), the property must be transferred through a probate proceeding. Our managing attorney can help you probate the estate quickly and efficiently.

28 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

How do I make a change to my deed/title? HawaiiDeed drafts and records the documents necessary to transfer, update, change, correct, or plan for the succession of your property title. Our process is c

We help people transfer their property titles every day and our process is unlike any other. You can order online at your convenience, complete our online onboarding form, sign electronically using No

How do I avoid probate? The dreaded probate...Although it really isn't that bad in most cases, probate is a court process that takes time and money which can be avoided. Option 1: Transfer on Death De

bottom of page